RALIEGH, N.C. /ScoopCloud/ -- Capital Automotive Group has generously donated $26,050 to the Susan G. Komen® NC Triangle to the Coast (Komen NCTC) local affiliate. The campaign, which was designated "Share the Awareness Breast Cancer Campaign" in October of this year, enabled the dealership to donate a portion of their proceeds for the month.
"Every year, more than 1,400 women will lose their lives to breast cancer in North Carolina. We must do everything we can to save lives. This means we are focused on finding breakthroughs for the most aggressive and deadly breast cancers and ensuring that all people receive the care they need," said Pam Kohl, executive director of Komen NCTC.
"At Komen we are committed to ensuring all people have access to screening, diagnosis, and treatment. Thanks to the generous support of Capital Auto Group, we are able to provide lifesaving services to those who need it most in our communities," added Kohl.
Capital Ford Raleigh, Capital Chevrolet, Capital Ford Rocky Mount, Capital Ford Hillsborough, Capital of Cary, and Capital Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM all participated in the event, contributing their individual donations to aid in the research.
Susan G. Komen NC Triangle to the Coast is committed to changing the unacceptable reality that more than 42,000 people in the U.S. are expected to die of breast cancer every year. In 2016, Komen set its bold goal to reduce breast cancer deaths in the U.S. by 50% by 2026.
About Breast Cancer and Komen NC Triangle to the Coast
By funding lifesaving research, empowering people with fact-based information, advocating for patient rights, and more, Susan G. Komen® NC Triangle to the Coast is fighting this deadly disease from every angle.
Every dollar raised helps to ensure all patients have access to the lifesaving care and services they need and supports breakthrough research to treat and cure breast cancer.
Komen NCTC grants 75 percent of net funds to community programs in our service area that have made a positive difference in the lives of those living with this deadly disease. The remaining 25 percent of net funds are invested in the Susan G. Komen National Grant Program.
In 2019-2020, Komen NCTC awarded $350,000 to fund 10 community health programs to meet the needs of people in our state. Click here to view our 2019-2020 grantee organizations and a brief description of the services they provide.
We help patients with medication costs, transportation, chemotherapy costs, lymphedema care, and more by offering assistance to those struggling with the financial burden of breast cancer treatment through our Treatment Assistance Program. - https://komennctc.org/grants/komen-treatment-assistance-program/
About Susan G. Komen® North Carolina Triangle to the Coast
Susan G. Komen is the world's largest breast cancer organization, funding more breast cancer research than any other nonprofit while providing real-time help to those facing the disease. Komen has set a Bold Goal to reduce the current number of breast cancer deaths by 50 percent in the U.S. by 2026. Komen was founded in 1982 by Nancy G. Brinker, who promised her sister, Susan G. Komen, that she would end the disease that claimed Suzy's life.
Komen North Carolina Triangle to the Coast (NCTC) is working to better the lives of those facing breast cancer in the local community. Komen NCTC has invested more than $14 million in community breast health programs in its 29-county service area and has helped contribute over $5 million to the more than $1 billion invested globally in research. For more information, visit www.komennctc.org or call (919) 492-2873.
Counties served: Bladen, Brunswick, Caswell, Chatham, Columbus, Duplin, Durham, Edgecombe, Franklin, Granville, Halifax, Harnett, Johnston, Lee, Moore, Nash, New Hanover, Northampton, Onslow, Orange, Pender, Person, Pitt, Sampson, Scotland, Vance, Warren, Wake, and Wilson.
For more information on Capital Automotive Group, please visit their website at: https://capitalautogroup.com/
Capital Automotive Group has generously donated $26,050 to the Susan G. Komen(R) NC Triangle to the Coast (Komen NCTC) local affiliate. The campaign, which was designated "Share the Awareness Breast Cancer Campaign" in October of this year, enabled the dealership to donate a portion of their proceeds for the month.
Related link: https://capitalautogroup.com/
This version of news story was published on ScoopCloud™ (ScoopCloud.com) - part of and © the Neotrope® News Network - all rights reserved.